Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kumato tomatoes


The picture you see is of  Kumato tomatoes I bought today. I noticed them in our grocery store a few months ago.
The Kumato is  also called Brown tomato. But on the outside, it looks green with some red. I placed it on a red plate for the photo, so you can see how green it is on the outside.  You can see more brown on the inside when sliced.
It is a type of Heirloom tomato (because it has an unusual color compared with other tomatoes).

With color aside, Kumato tomatoes have the distinction of being a variety of fruit originally from the Spanish Mediterranean. Kumatos are so much sweeter than other store bought tomatoes.
I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious they turned out to be! And I wanted to share that with you today. I will use it in some of the recipes in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment